Title: Refinery Operator Trainee
Company: Marathon Petroleum Company LP
Location: Detroit, Michigan
Marathon Petroleum Company LP, a major petroleum refiner and marketer, has an immediate opening for a Refinery Operator Trainee in its Detroit, Michigan refinery.
Operations personnel are responsible for controlling a safe and efficient refining process and performing related routine maintenance. The successful candidate will be a fast learner and possess the following requirements:
- High School graduate or GED equivalent, required. Some college or technical coursework is preferred.
- Excellent math, computer, communication, and analytical skills are required.
- Willing to work 12-hour rotating shift schedule including weekends, holidays and overtime, required.
- Employees must have the ability to climb over 75 feet, work in confined spaces, wear proper safety equipment, including a self-contained breathing apparatus as necessary, use hand tools, and work both indoors and outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Employees are subject to pre-employment and random drug testing.
Schedule: Employees work a rotating Day/Night 12-hour shift schedule, 4 days on and 4 days off, from 6:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. and 6:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m. with some overtime required.
Pay and Benefits: The position includes a comprehensive benefits package including a company matched 401k. The starting wage is $28.12/hr. with regularly scheduled increases.
APPLY ONLINE: If you like working in an industrial process environment, have the above qualifications and want a challenging opportunity, online applications will be accepted at https://marathon.hirescore.com/ between Monday, October 21, 2019 and Sunday, November 3,, 2019 at 11:59 PM EST.
Learn more and apply online at https://marathon.hirescore.com/
Click on the Operator Trainee job at the Detroit, Michigan location
Review the job description and scroll to the bottom of the page and click “APPLY NOW.
No phone calls, please. All candidates must apply on-line and Human Resources cannot accept paper resumes.
No paper applications will be distributed or accepted, all candidates must apply online.
Marathon Petroleum Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.